Syngenta logo

Syngenta Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Found 61 reviews matching the searchSee all 1’097 reviews

Productive but stressful

You were expected to hit the ground running and work from when you clocked in to when you clocked out. Good for people who work under pressure and to tight deadlines.

Multicultural and international environment

Multicultural company, international people, diverse & inclusive, global, complex and matrixed environment. Flexitime and flexspace/remote working possible. Nice new conference center with lots of meeting rroms. Very good staff restaurant. Challenging and competitive market. Lots of temp workers hired for flexibility.

Die schlimmste Zeit meines Lebens!

Speziell in der Rechtsabteilung ist Mobbing an der Tagesordnung, unter den Kollegen herrscht viel Feindseligkeit, die offen zur Schau gestellt wird. Man hat kaum Aufstiegsm√∂glichkeiten, es sei denn man hat kein Problem (vor allem als Frau) alle Register zu ziehen. Ein toxisches Netzwerk von Seilschaften das √ľber Jahrzehnte geschaffen wurde.

Environnement de travail instable

Mon expérience chez Syngenta à été très enrichissante mais extrêmement stressante. Les attentes ne sont pas clairement exprimées et les constantes réductions de budget n'aident pas aux réalisations.

No futur

Aucune opportunité de développement, vous êtes engagé pour un poste pas pour un autre

Great company facing some issues.

Either you know what you get, or you want to master challenges each day, and then it may get difficult, because not all of your co-workers may have the same desire to go the one additional step.

Not the place to be at the moment

the company is going through major strategy changes after being bought by the Chinese state. it is not clear how it will continue its development (if at all). strategy and directions change too often and are not fully clarified to employees.

Pros

cantine

Cons

overall working environment

Diverse culture

Diverse culture Poor Leadership Clear strategy No follow through

Pros

Flex time

Cons

no development

Views employee as a cost not an asset

Short term minded in cost savings. Management lacking vision and support for their employees. String along employees leading them on to believe there are many opportunities in career advancement. Company not realistic in career development. Often feels like win-lose rather than win-win. You as an employee make all the sacrifices and even when you pay your dues they do not fulfill their side of the bargain.

Interesting and challenging place to work, I learned a lot.

* I sorted and distributed mail. International invoices were received, verified and processed, Documents archived. Daily reports.* I learned how do presentations and organize video conference meetings. * Upper management (other than my supervisor) were unaware of my exact workload, the worldwide scope I covered and the improvements I devised and implemented, such as courriers and mail management, budget forecasting, product renewal payments and bank reconciliations. Quiet diligence!* I enjoyed the monthly presentations by my colleagues. I felt it gave us all an appreciation of what we all contributed to our department and the company as a whole.* The hardest part was getting my colleagues to change old habits to more effective processes leading to a more efficient workplace.* My role had a variety of responsibilites which kept me fully engaged but never bored.

Pros

Always something new to learn

Cons

No deputy for when I was on vacation.

Jobs at Syngenta

See more jobs

tres dur

les condition de travail en tant que étranger en suisse sont tres difficile.les opportunité de carrières sont très limitées.

Pros

salaires

Cons

condition de travails

Standort Basel ist auf dem absteigenden Ast

In den letzten 10 Jahren hat ein Kulturwandel stattgefunden hin zu hire and fire Mentalit√§t. Im Management findet man kaum noch Schweizer die einst das Unternehmen gross gemacht haben, aber daf√ľr US/GB Seilschaften die sich gegenseitig Jobs zuschaufeln. Mitarbeiter sind in den Augen des Managements keine Grundlage des Erfolgs, sondern Kostenfaktoren. Es wird ausgelagert in billigere Locations was nur geht. Nur das Management kassiert immer h√∂here L√∂hne. Leistung z√§hlt weniger als sch√∂ner Schein und Beziehungen.

Pros

Sch√∂ne, k√ľrzlich erneuerte B√ľros in Basel

Cons

Viele unmotivierte oder verunsicherte Mitarbeiter, viele verlassen Syngenta freiwillig

Truly global environment

A truly global company that provides opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zone, particularly good for one with initiative who learns quickly and functions well in a multicultural environment.

avenir flou

Suite au rachat de Syngenta par Chemchina l' avenir de nos emplois la perspective de production et la politique de l'entreprise est incertain. Sur un plan personnel malgré une expérience acquise très peu de possibilité d' évolué.

Young and dynamic company pushing through challenging times

Many young and international people Career opportunities dependent on business situation Dynamic environment, many process changing, gives opportunities to improve but also creates certain level of inefficiency

Good culture and good people

interesting company in an interesting industry. Company with a good culture, but limited opportunity to grow. tendency to be micromanaged and difficulty to be given independency.

Administrative assistant

Syngenta is an international company,where I could use my languages and computer skills, learn a little about agriculture, work with agricultural specialists from all over the world

Great people and inclusive company

I have learned that all employees can make and impact and empowerment at the right level its a key company differentiator.the company culture is one of its assets and culture equals people.

Pros

culture, people

Cons

internal inefficiencies

ambiente lavorativo amichevole

La suddetta ditta era in via di trasferimento,dunque in chiusura in quel paese . Mi sono trovata bene anche se il lavoro era molto monotono, i colleghi ed il capo erano eccezionali .

Pros

autonomia nel lavoro

Cons

monotono assenza di situazioni di forte lavoro

Interesting market, global overview, good working balance

Good atmosphere and very pleasant collegues with top experience in the agro-chemical business. Moving jobs away from Basel has massively impacted the overall working environment where there are not many opportunities to advance career - especially in Basel HQ.

International agrochemicals business

Excellent market leading business, globally located and making a difference to the world Great strategy and vision Profitability and growth are struggling due to extreme weather and low commodity prices creating industry consolidation and leading to significant change across all competitors