Philip Morris International

Philip Morris International Management reviews

The place is pulsating with energy and there are people discussing work everyday. Time is money there and people work quite professionally. A typical day starts around 8:00, many people have breakfast while discussing. I always thought that I had good presentation skills, but my skills sharpened even more here with many impromptu meetings. The management follows matrix system and the workplace is quite relaxed. The best part about my job was that I learned many new techniques and worked on my own,the most difficult part was that with most projects being result oriented, exploration into basic science takes a little backseat then.
Full of benefits, this place have a very good management and the atmosphere as well as organisation culture are very appreciated
Lots of different management styles in the company and not much of standard processes. Every employee may have a complete different experience when it comes to coaching, training, performance review and expectations, flex-work, etc. Stressful environment in general. "Yes, sir" culture makes non priorities to become urgencies in a second. Senior management micro-manages on projects and expects executors to review over and over results and plans. In a way it makes sense since the size of the business makes small changes to anything to deliver or risk millions of dollars. However, it doesnt help employees to develop decision making skills and it is hard to propose new and out of the box ideas.The company in general takes good care of employees, but it gives you the feeling that they focus only on the things that could be mentioned to the outside world (response to COVID, year'end celebration, etc.), and dont care much about day to day employees happiness and wellbeing.In addition, there is always something new being piloted, organizations are always changing. It is hard to feel stable at your position or on having job security.
Pros
Beautiful offices, Work-Life balance, Free coffee and sodas
Cons
Lack of job stability, Unnecesary stress, lack of career plan, completely subjective performance reviews
Grande entreprise salaire motivant bonne ambiance avec les collaborateurs.
A textbook example of a toxic working environment with a hypocritic senior manager who their only focus is to add to their profit. The company hid unfavorite data and produces biased data to support their new products.
Job does not match what was promissed and I end up doing a job for which I am far overskilled. Management does not take accountablity for their mistake
Très grande structure très inpersonnelle et très competitive
Pros
Fitness
Cons
Impersonnel
Typical huge corporate environment and mind set. Lots of politics and not a clear direction. The company is going under a huge transformation and this bring pros and cons. International opportunities, good financial package. Networking and multicultural opportunities. Slow, old fashioned management.
Pros
Good healthcare, benefits, financial package, international opportunities
Cons
Politics, old fashioned mind-set top to bottom decision
Sur le point de vente. Contrat de travail sur appel. - Accueil et Service après-vente - Reporting quotidien auprès du supérieur direct
Pros
Salaire horaire intéressant
Cons
Aucune stabilité professionnelle car sur appel
Entreprise chaotique, qui n'a aucun respect de ses employés et plus encore des employés temporaires (Randstad). Management sans pitié et incompétent. Travail dur, répétitif et mal organisé.
Pros
Cigarettes gratuites
Cons
Travail dur et mal organisé
I've worked for couple of years in this company and overall I can say it is a good company with good benefit to its employees. I learnt about working with different people with different nationalities and background. For me, there is a bit lack of transparency from management to the team particularly for upcoming changes. Culture wise, I think my department has a very nice and warm one, though might not be the case with other departments.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
health care, lack of transparency
For three weeks, I had the fantastic opportunity to work as an intern in the Leaf Department at PMI. I assisted in managing several projects, attended meetings and presentations, and learned very much about sustainable and environment friendly tobacco production, project management, reduction of CO2 emission and water pollution and of production costs. The management team was very hands-on and there was a great atmosphere within the company. The hardest part of the job was being pushed out of my comfort zone and working on projects I had no previous knowledge about, whereas the most enjoyable part was meeting highly interesting people and experiencing first-hand what it was like to work in such a large company.
Pros
Delicious lunches with my colleagues
Entreprise à la pointe de la technologie, en perpétuel changement
Pros
Sécuriser
Cons
Trop sécuriser
Mi experiencia en Philip Morris ha sido extremadamente positiva y bonita, un trabajo bien estructurado en un buen ambiente, con buenos horarios, un buen sueldo y ventajas para el empleado. Me ha encantado, aconsejo esa empresa a todos.
Pros
Seguro medico, participacion generosa de parte de la empresa a tu jubilacion, descuentos en gimnasios, restaurante de calidad para los empleados
Cons
Ninguno
mauvaise ambiance entre collègue et la hiérarchie . apres 7 ans de travail pour euxtoujours du temporaire
Pros: Salaries are great, above average and if you manage to get yourself overseas you can easily get double/triple the salary. If you have a swiss contract the gap is even higher. Cons: 1. Its not rewarding industry in terms of adding value. The industry is what it is and for much that the company makes a 1,3,5 year strategy there is not much that is going to change and even less with plain packaging. 2. There is quite a lot of depotism, I have been in offices with up to 4 managers had girlfriends/partners being hired afterwards. Obviously this presented a conflict for their direct managers at appraisal time.
Entreprise avec une mentalité américaine très poussée où vous n'avez pas le droit de prendre des initiatives personnelles.
Pros
Salaire et caisse de pensions
Cons
L'ambiance et le management
Working for PMI was like doing an MBA! I met fantastic people, got a great chance to develop myself and it certainly made me extremely competitive. No women in senior management positions. While there is no official "glass ceiling" it is hard to get promoted to Director and above for ladies Investment in training of employees; large enough for an international career Extremely dedicated employee population; unified culture despite being present in 100+ countries; hierarchical but still collegial; a lot of pride; senior management still accessible Tobacco industry has its own ethical issues - no matter how well run; assessment and promotion processes strive for objectivity but have inherent biases
Pros
Multinational environment, fast paced, lots to learn
Cons
Too political, decision making is slow process, work can be continuously intense
La possibilité de travail pendant les vacances universitaires est un vrai avantage pour les étudiants.
Pros
Contact avec l'ensemble du personnel. Horaires réguliers.
il y a un bon cadre de formation une bonne entente au niveau de l'entreprise
Entreprise ou la politique prime sur la qualité du travail. L'ambiance y est déplorable et les collaborateurs du consommable.
Pros
le salaire
Cons
l'ambiance de travail