Novartis

Novartis Employee Reviews

fromal fun loving work culture where they give priority to your personal life. not too stressful but not completely relaxed either.. Really friendly and approachable leadership team so all in all a lovely company to work in!
Awful toxic culture... When you are going to psychotherapist in Basel area, the first question, I was told: “ are you working for novartis” Ageism, sexism is profound especially under a new Leadership management One has to consider working for novartis if there is no other option at all
Pros
Good gym, great cafes, beautiful campus
Cons
Toxic culture, bunch of incompetent folks who stays with the company
Official response from Novartis
October 15, 2020
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of your experience and take all comments of abuse, bullying, discrimination or harassment seriously and as such have passed this information to the Novartis SpeakUp Office (formerly the Business Practices Office (BPO)). We recommend you also contact our SpeakUp Office directly via http://www.speakupnovartis.ethicspoint.com/ if you have any additional information to share. Novartis strives to create a safe and fair environment for all its associates and thank you in advance for sharing any additional information with us.
The job environment was satisfactory until 2014 when the company began to reorganize the entire operations. Work became very stressful and choices limited to relocation, downgrade, or job loss.
Good company to work for, friendly work culture. Talented teams working on niche technology. Compensation is also decent. Distributed across the globe.
Novartis Stein ist immer eine Herausforderung aber man wächst mit den Aufgaben
A typical day at work was mainly getting ready for various activities, such as clinical manufacture, development wok at their lab, raising item codes, report writing, executed batch record reviews etc. I learned how simple things can be made overtly complicated and at the same time adding no value that I could see. Management: OK - not really applicable to me as I was a contract worker. Workplace culture: OK - very international, helpful workmates, can't say anything bad. Hardest part of the job: getting stuff done as there are so many hoops to jump through. The most enjoyable part: definitely the people and teamwork, as for the work itself maybe working with 3rd parties.
The unbossed culture creates a productive environment while working as teams makes achieving goals easier. Leveraging on internal network of experts has enriched my training experience
Hierarchiestufen stark spürbar; Wert der MA nummertechnisch
it was a great place to work the people were super welcoming and friendly, i would there there could be a better work life balance but it was still an anjoyable experience
Vielseitige Aufgabe Sicheres und guter Arbeitsplatz
Kollaboration findet nur unter Vorgabe statt. Kommunikationskultur stimmt von oben nach unten nicht. MA-Entwicklung findet kaum statt, aber immer unter Kostenaspekt.
I am immensely grateful to my colleagues at Novartis for all the time and effort that they have put in my training to become an experienced HR Assitant. The work ethics and culture is very good at Novartis, they have a very open and collaborative environment even if it's a very complex matrix.
Excellente entreprise, très bonnes conditions de travail.
I worked here for 18 years, and have to be honest and say that it contributed to my own personal and professional growth. I had many positive experiences here and had promotions at a very fast rate. The company wants fast movers, and if you are agile and willing to constantly change, then you will fit in.
Travailler sur le campus de Novartis à Bâle est un privilège, e site est grandiose. Mais en échange, les attentes sont grandes et l'ambiance est très compétitive.
Pros
Conditions de travail
Cons
Insécurité de l'emploi
une bonne écoute avec mes supérieurs et un travail en groupe avec honnêteté.
Pros
travail en groupe
Cons
Working at this Company I was working with many different personalities, learning them and understanding what approach to take to deescalate a conflict and better server everyone around. Every day was a completely different scenario, so adaptability was key.
Je n'ai effectuée qu'un stage de 1 semaine donc je ne pourrais pas dire grand chose c'est une entreprise complexe mais au vue des retour de personne qui travail là-bas on n'y est très bien payée !
The recent layoffs have impacted so many people, and unfortnately with all of the changes (culture, collaboration, unbossing, mindfulness) it seems to be creating a "cult" like environment, and is not authentic. Same leaders, same structures and same style of working. Lots of hot air, with no changes to the system. Its is hard working through this.
Good enviromnent. I really recommend. You learn a lot.
Good bunch of folk and in general a great place to work. Good camaraderie and teamwork, but as is usual with a very large organisation there is a ton of internal politics that can get nasty if you are not sensitive to this.
Pros
Great teamwork, value skills
Cons
Internal Politics