Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews

Showing all 23’293 reviews

springHill suites

springHill suites is a good company for anyone who love to meet new people.some days are fast ND some are slow ...only thing is , Springhill suites dont allow you to work more then 40 hours .

Pros

Benefits - health, and dental, 401 k

Cons

Salary Should be increased

Has its ups and downs

Look, working in hospitality is tough right now. Maybe I was burnt our. But Marriott sure didn't help me with that work life balance. Pay is good, but again, whats pay if you are constantly at work or stressing about work.

Not a good place to work

Only works out if you suck up to management. If you're a hard worker they'll expect more from you than others but not opportunities for advancement..

Laidback environment but keeps you busy!

I worked as a bartender at Marriott and I enjoyed that the management dealt with everyone very down-to-earth. There was always plenty to do between working the kitchen and the bar at the same time, but at my location it seemed like they cared about hiring good employees so it always felt like I had a lot of support from my team and managers.

Pros

Supportive culture

Recognized Company

Timeshare sales say it all! Pays minimum wage deducted from the commission. There is some preferential distribution of leads. You have to take the next TO in rotation. Overall good money, however, some months are paid at minimum wage and others at 10K depending on closing dates.

Pros

Only usually only work 4 hours and sit around waiting for 4 hours.

Cons

Lack of daily sufficient leads.

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

Buen lugar para aprender un oficio, gerentes estresados cuando trabajan y felices cuando no están ocupados

Pros

Excelentes beneficios

Cons

Cafetería sin café y sin comida

An okay working environment

Not really a Security based job more loss prevention based and you basically spend your entire ship answering to other people's insecurities which is up for interpretation

Pros

Free food after events

Cons

No such chain of command so there are co-workers who think and act like supervisors but are not

Felt like family

Felt like family. Always great support from top to bottom within the organization. Great work environment. You can make as much as YOU can produce.

the brand name

the job consist of patrolling the parking lot. Taking calls, doing lockouts and opening safes for guest. Also making sure that the doors are secured and conducting guest floors patrols.

Pros

job security

Cons

pay, advancement

One of the best hotel companies out there.

Marriott is a very good company to work for with excellent training, benefits and advancement.My only negative is they can be a bit old fashioned and be behind their competitors in terms of current trends in the industry.

My Manager was Great

As a Guest Experience Expert At Disney's Swan and Dolphin Resort by Marriott, It was a fun experience. Managers and team members were all very helpful. Enjoyed my job all was very professional.

Was hard work but progressed

Best hotel chain I have worked for. Stayed over ten years & only left due to relationship breakdown & childcare issues, otherwise I would still be there. Hard work but staff are like family & look after each other.

Pros

Free meals & week end breaks/staff rate

Cons

Long days if staff call in sick

No job security

This company boasts about diversity, in reality HR wants cookie cutter employees. No job security for people that are actually diverse or different in any way.

Really bad workplace. Management just sees you as a number not a person.

Unprofessional and uncaring towards their employees. They play favoritism and how long you’ve worked for them means next to nothing. Don’t expect to be happy at this company, and good luck getting payed if you quit.

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Cons

Everything you could possibly think of.

You have to enjoy what you do as a career

I enjoy my job very much, it is a great place to work. You have to have a great team in order to be successful or you will be work very long day covering other employee shift.

fun place to work, lots of emplyess

fun place to work lots of employesss, is a massive corportate hotel chain so good and bad come with that. usually upper management has no idea who you are

الشركة توفر أدوات الرفاهية للموظفين مع شئ من ضغط العمل وعدم الإنصاف

يفضل الإلتزام بساعات العمل للموظف ويفضل توزيع الإمتيازات والرواتب حسب الإنجازات وليس حسب المسمى الوظيفي.شركة متطورة ومع بعض التعديلات في السياسات ستكون رائدة

Great bonding with co workers though management treats you less equql

Management treats you like less of a person and unequal and doesn’t accommodate for being short staffed and underpaid though bonding with co workers made work life a lot easier.

Good fast paced environment, great discounts.

Loved meeting new people, being recognized by management, my hours, sett schedules, big tippera, free lunch or dinner, coffee, and the employee discount.

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Long shifts

Great for a month stay.

I worked at the Westin in Whistler for a little under a month & regretted every second. The management is so spread thin that they forget 90% of things you tell them, I got trained for two days then was left by myself to figure it out. The staff accommodation was ridiculously priced considering they are only shared & they do not follow their lease agreements either as we had come home multiple times to work being done in our room with no prior notice that they would be there. They also put employees in a staff accommodation that has no running water or heat but still made them pay 800$ rent. Overall a poor experience & company.

Good salary, not the best management

The salary is really good in the hospitality industry. But the F&B management could really improve. They need to pay more attention to them and not treat them like an extra unpleasant thing to deal with. The rota system is weird and sometimes you can end up working 6-7 days a week.

Pros

Salary

Cons

F&B management, work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 23’293 reviews