Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,884 reviews

Easy going and great people

Management is lacking a bit. Not a lot of room to work up to the company unless you want to give up your personal life. Pay is great, benefits are amazing and Lidl is an overall good company

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

No personal life

Awful

As a supervisor you’re basically a glorified associate. You will do all the work of an associate and still be expected to complete all of your supervisor duties even if there is a call out or the schedule is set to only a few people closing with you on a certain shift. The exceptions are ridiculous and beyond unrealistic. The pay sounds good till you realize you’re doing the work of two to three people. You can basically get fired for anything the turn over rate in my store was astronomical. By far the most unprofessional job I’ve ever had.

Pros

Morning shift means you would get off around 2/2:30

Cons

Tasks are never ending, you will be blamed for everything. They expect you to run 100 miles an hour all day non stop.

Good paying company but every company has its bad

I’ve worked here for almost 2 years, and moved to NC from VA. Management here is never on the same boat. they can never seem to get people to stay. No foundation of trust and security’s towards the team. I had great things to say about the company, but it seems like the area I work in now, is ridiculous bad. If you have PTO, good luck using it. Oh you’re working 9 days in a row and that’s too much? They’ll have you work 5 more after. And for someone who loves this company and what it stands for, it hurts to say that.

Pros

Compensation, Healthcare

Cons

Long hours, unjust

Great pay. Good people.

Good place to work just make sure you do everything you know and push to get training. Will be very busy. There is always stuff to do so you will never get bored.

Workplace with great people

Great place to work. Work is easy to understand and there isn’t a large learning curve. Huge opportunity for advancement and pay is very good for each position.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Long hours at times

Solid place

Pays decent, good benefits and most of the upper management people you deal with are good people. It’s a lot of physical work but it’s an enjoyable job. They’re also very big on pushing for promotions. I got promoted to supervisor in under a year. Overall a good place to work.

They are terrible

Especially the one in Burke Virginia. The dm's and manager there don't train anyone. They choose to write you up bc their to lazy to build a successful team. They choose the blame game. They try to work you without giving you your break. Telling you, you can't leave until your finish. Even tho it's no way you can with only around 4 people opening.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Awful managers, and Dms

Worst company I’ve ever worked for

No employee retention, ASTRONOMICAL turnover rate, ridiculously low staff. Be expected to do the job of 10 people on a time limit and be told you did it wrong or didn’t complete your tasks.

Pros

Cons

Not recognized for hard work

Fun workplace

Great company but hard work really good benefit floating holidays hardwork will get you to top of the ladder..upper management is also available and in stores

It’s a good place for a job horrible for a career

If you are looking for a place to work where people will care about your well being walk away. If you have any issues with metal health it will make those issues worse. The environment at each store I have worked at has been toxic. I had a vacation that was preapproved taken away from me. The stores do not value their employees as people. I was having personal issues and had a doctors note. I was told unless I was going to actively hurt myself or someone else they would not approve my time off even though the doctor said it was necessary for my health.

Pros

Healthcare is amazing, they pay more than most places.

Cons

Pay is not worth the hassle, They don’t have work life balance.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lidl?

Unsure of expectations

Job duties are not clearly stated. Job performance evaluations are not detailed for those who care to improve. Headquarters is in VA and executives frequently come in and belittle staff. It takes a long time for poor performing employees to be terminated which is frustrating to ‘good employees’ that show up on time and care about doing their job well. That being said, they are a quickly expanding company and there is growth potential for those who put in the effort. Direct ASM, SM and DM’s from my experience are very kind and want to mentor staff. No employee discounts as in many other stores.

Pros

Pto, Health Insurance, Life Insurance

Cons

You don’t always have time for breaks, training is poor

Stay away at all cost!!!!

This place is a nightmare! They don’t train at all and you’re left to wing it then they complain that it’s not done right. They don’t care about your personal time at all they want you to stay hours after the time you were scheduled to leave and when you do finally leave they act like it’s a problem. Management definitely plays favorites and half the time the people they like don’t even do the work! They treat you like slaves. Stay. Away. It’s not worth it at all!

It’s like passing school

More like school. You have a lot of test as retail management. Not enough workers. Pay is acceptable and definitely worth the work but not the stress. Upper management is not great. The district leader is not a fair dude. He has his favorite teams already and if he wants you out you don’t stand a chance. The training in Maryland is inconvenient but they do pay you to go there and learn. Must have a car.

Pros

Pay is great!

Cons

It’s school, lots of test

Terrible leadership,terrible communication from management, terrible logistics.

Lidl was a hot mess. Policies changed on a daily basis. Order process was broken with way too many out of stocks resulting. Meat-Poultry-Fish was a running joke with Mondays known as meatlees mondays. Product coming out of distribution center was short coded many times. Staffing was continually being cut,resulting in poor customer service and quality control.

Room for improvement

Communication skills and training could definitely improve. Management needs to hold themselves and their subordinates accountable for goals and deadlines not being met.

Pros

Benefits, Work Life Balance

Cons

Communication

They promote outside more than within, only to have the ppl from outside quit after they get out of training

The more hands that get into the DM, DSO, VPO etc positions, the more the company changes not always for the better. They hire outside of Lidl so much and spend so much time training these people only to have them quit after they realize what the job entails when they get into their roles. Meanwhile, you have talent who started as associates and supervisors who have a desire and willingness to learn that you don’t promote. You’re expected to do tasks outside of your normal when you have taken it upon yourself to learn them in hopes of a promotion. You don’t get the pay increase. Lazy ASMs and SUPs are allowed to coast and do bare minimum. They get away with it because that’s what has been acceptable. And there is NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Managers make sure they get their PTO but do not like when you request yours, then they schedule off a few days in a row, but then rub it in your face that they “did you a favor” if you do it for recognition, don’t do it at all. They call you in your days off because they can’t hire any decent people. And then they won’t hire for months so you have no choice but to stay late, come in on days off just so you don’t have to hear your SM complain, which is done DAILY.

Pros

Starting pay, Benefits

Cons

Management who toots their own horns when they aren’t that great, slow accrual of PTO, inability to take days off without it being thrown in your face, doing tasks that aren’t actually your job description

Horrible place to work. Unskilled managers and the supervisor's are a complete joke.

I'm embarrassed, to have to work with such scum people. They have no respect, class or interpernal skills. Culture is horrible and they take advantage of hard workers. Better off flipping burgers

Pros

Cons

Everything about the job

Schedule

Work life balance could be better. Work long shifts. There is really only two shifts open or close 5am -2pm 2pm-Close. No certain job role have to be cross trained in all areas.

Great place to work.....at first.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Lidl is non existent. If you request a day off it needs to be granted approval from the store manager and DM.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Lidl are great.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Lidl, I think it's non existent. I don't feel like I'll have my job by next week.ManagementIn general, managers at Lidl are a pain to work for. They give you task that are at times unreasonable. For example. They will give you a task that takes an hour to complete, but what you to complete that task in 30 minutes or less.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Lidl is a great experience.OverallMy experience working at Lidl is horrible. Managers make you feel like you're not doing anything right. They make you stay past you're shift and if you leave they right you up.

Good pay but will work you like a rented mule

The main problem is a lack of cohesion from the top down. You will be asked to do something than the next day undo it and the day after put it back to how you were just asked to do it. They will promise you everything only to find out if you don’t work under the right person you will never move up. Long story short if it smells like home cooking it is. However it looks great on a resume

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very political, must be in the “in crowd”

Busy. Fun place to work. Good team members. Some favoritism but that’s normal everywhere.

Since they are still fairly new in the us. Lots of turnover. Everyone except managers are part time. Lots of time off if needed. Good pay. Good benefits.

Pros

Time off. Vacation. Benefits.

Cons

Shorts Breaks. Everyone except store managers are part time.

1,6K
2K
1,8K
1,4K

• Lidl
  • Supervisor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?