Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,884 reviews

nice place too work

Lidl was a nice place to work but their was some serious management issues and scheduling was a nightmare and sometimes payroll would be messed up in conclusion lidl has problem with communication

Pros

good work culture

Cons

disorganized

Mixed

It really depends on your managers/supervisors. I do not enjoy the outright chaos most of the time, the lack of staff, and sometimes you can expect to stay as late as 11 pm or later if you are closing. High turnover, it's a hard job and there is constant work to be done.

Pros

pay

Cons

short breaks, lack of staff

It’s nice

It is a nice place to work. I like it so far the hours are pretty flexible and the managers and people are pretty nice. The time seems to fly when you’re working.

Pick your Poison

Management plays favorites, and unless you're one of those you can forget about having any chance of advancement. If they don't like you, they'll talk garbage about you to the supervisors or other associates, and blow you off even in front of customers. Store manager was rude to employees AND customers alike. If you ask for a new work shirt, it takes weeks to get it, which is understandable, but other employees would just take it when it finally comes in and you're left having to beg or be stuck with one or two raggedy shirts. If you work full time be prepared to stay 2+ hours after your clockout time to help out (or they'll get mad at you for saying 'NO') even if you have other obligations, because they're ALWAYS short staffed. Supervisors always seem to be on their phone, or using AirPods to take calls while working the floor. Lazy employees never get in trouble, and the folks that bust their butts picking up the slack get yelled at for why things aren't done.

Pros

Pto, benefits

Cons

Lack of communication, favortism, lazy coworkers

Growing pains as a new company getting worked out

When I first started working here, the place was a disaster. High management turnover, poor communication, illogical practices etc. Over the years they have definitely wisened up on American business practices and the company overall is a lot better to work for. New hires will probably find this a far more satisfying job than the people who started during the opening years. The last 1-2 years I did really enjoy my job. It's not that bad of a place if you're willing to put up with a certain level of flexibility and take your own initiative to get stuff done. We worked very closely together at my store due to being in a smaller area, but larger stores might not have the same coworker responsibility.

Typical job

The company itself isnt bad, the supervisors are what makes it a bad place to work for, If the supervisors don't like you, you'll hate going to work.

Pros

Pay/benefits

Cons

supervisors

Hard work, salary okay

I've worked for lidl on nights for 3 years and at a few different stores.If you have a decent manager you will be fine.If you have an awful manager, it will put you off the company and the role very quickly. Managers here in my experience are either 10/10 or 1/10.Schedule - Some of them take the mic and you will have no social life.The workload is a lot, that is to be expected with the way they operate. Its not for the work shy.I did nights.The workload varies on which store you are at. Some it is manic, some it is average and the rest barely have anything to do all night and can literally stroll around.Benefits are being able to listen to music and the workload - time flies.Like anywhere if you have horrible people the experience will be awful.Some teams like working pallets together and some will leave you alone to do your own thing which I highly prefer. Long story short- if something is wrong challenge it. If they don't listen find somewhere else to work. It's not worth it.Years ago the pay was worth it now you can get other roles for same pay, if not more and also have a life.

Pros

Listening to music on nights.

Cons

Rota, pay

Chaos and incompetence

The place is a monument to chaos. Next to zero training will be given to you, it's one or two sentences and figure out the rest yourself. Learned some basic stuff months after I should have been told. There is no real chance for advancement, other than to be a supervisor. Plenty of favoritism, merit is irrelevant. Managers and supervisors are often not on the same page. On numerous occasions, I heard supervisors badmouthing employees while they weren't in the room. Trucks are constantly running late. Afternoon shift can get ready to end up staying half the night, it's a rarity to get out on time. Store is usually understaffed with 3-4 people working a shift. The result is that you wind up doing about 3 jobs in 1. The pay is good and so are the benefits. Honestly, all the stress and incompetence aren't worth it in the long run. Do something and just be told it wasn't fast enough. They want robots, not humans. You see a lot of turnover at this job. At some point you have to figure the employees aren't the problem.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Everything else

stressful and idiotic

The pay does not match the work you do considering its so understaffed and you're doing the job of 15 people. short breaks and rude customers and other employees. Theres a reason there's a high turn over rate of employees.

Pros

nothing

Cons

short breaks, over-worked, rude people, poor managment, schedule sucks, long shifts and you can never leave on time.

Overworked, under staffed, horrible management

Promised me 40 hours, only got 30. Managers are extremely unprofessional and rude. Didn’t do just my job, unfair workload. Horrible job atmosphere

fun

i love it here the management is great and there is a lot of room for improvement it is kind of difficult at first but you will adjust if you are motivated

Great supervisors bad management

Management sucks besides the supervisors they really keep the store running. The “managers” just make a schedule and walk around. This place was great when it first opened but after 2019 it just went downhill.

Pros

Health insurance, life insurance, supportive supervisors

mental and physical struggle

I have anxiety about going to work everyday. Standards are never set for what you are actually suppose to do for your shift and they constantly have you running around trying to do 4 jobs at once. When something goes wrong or we dont get shipments as planned, associates are expected to come in extra hours and on their days off to finish the work. Every time I would take off for a vacation or PTO, i would get called and texted every day to come in. Very high turn over rate and its clear way. I would not recommend working here if you value your mental or physical health.

Pros

pay

Cons

Dont get all your breaks.

Productive place to work as high schools student

good place to work at as a student during high school in the summer. Flexible hours and able to work a good amount week to week. Pay is great too lidl starting wage higher than most.

Pros

pay and hours

Cons

weekends, breaks

Potential to be better

It started off okay but the expectations just got more unrealistic as time went on. As more people left, current employees were left with their task.

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits

Cons

Short breaks, unrealistic expectations, awful work life balance. Weird work hours.

Large quantities of easy work

My first week of working at Lidl just concluded and I like it so far. However, it definitely isn't for everyone. The constant walking, lifting, and fast paced atmosphere hit me pretty quickly.

Fast paced workplace with a sense of family within the staff

Working at lidl is very rewarding in terms of the fact that you will be working on different departments. It is a fast paced atmosphere and would likely move around a lot. Customers can be annoying

Pros

Pay isn't bad for what you do, a lot of breaks

Cons

Customers can get annoying

Hated this job

We had new store manager like ever 3 months they expect to much from you but wanna give you short hours barely have you a break. Played favorites overall they dumb

Pros

More then minimum wage

Cons

Too much to do

Dysfunctional work environment.

The company gives the facade of being innovative, people-oriented and smart. The company is disorganized and unrealistic in terms of their own business goals & employee productivity. Physical demands are too high and there is rarely enough time/people to complete tasks. Those who perform are overworked. Those who underperform (on purpose or otherwise) can expect the opposite. You will be criticized by management & others, some of it is constructive. There is a lot of rudeness, poor planning & poor communication. Training varies, consider yourself lucky if you are trained properly. We had good team morale at one point but that stopped. Not to mention the basic elements in a store that malfunction on a weekly, if not daily basis add stress. The company says a lot of things that it doesn’t back up. Just a lot of hypocrisy and toxicity. It wasn’t all bad but it wasn’t a good experience overall. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Pto

Cons

heavy workload, toxic culture, completely dysfunctional

Don’t think just work

14 dollars an hour in exchange for your dignity. They also overwork you. Belittle you and most importantly treat you like a child. Also their training is pathetic.

Impossible To Balance Work/Life

Long shifts, lots of physical labor, lack of organization. Associates are mostly expected to train any newcomers once they’ve understood the basics. The pay is good but not worth the treatment. People who are considered fast and efficient end up doing everyone else’s work, only to be rewarded by having to stay later than intended.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Disrespect, unappreciated, long hours, poor management, awful communication

1,6K
2K
1,8K
1,4K

• Lidl
  • Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?