Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,884 reviews

fun workplace

staff are friendly and staff discount is good early starts was good, easy to travel 10 minute walk from my house. nice. staff room and bakery is the best

Love it

A great place and opportunity to learn and develop into a professional and grow into a company that shares interest in your success and growth. Awesome place

A Miserable Experience

Great company ideals. Horrible execution of those ideals. This is a global powerhouse of a corporation that feels like it is run apathetic and incapable leadership. For a company that prides itself on productivity, it is a model of inconsistency and inefficiency. Cliques, favoritism, and agendas rule the day. If your spirit is already broken and you're soul is already dead, apply. If you still have hopes, aspirations and value people above a set of numbers, look elsewhere.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Soul crushing negativity, toddler driven logic, ever moving finish line

It is not a secure job.

They don't care about your well being and mostly your training. You have to ask a lot questions to learn things, sometimes they show you but most of the time they don't care, than if something goes wrong they get mad try to write you up or try to make you look bad to get you fired. Only time you have conversation with managment when something is wrong. Over all company don't care about you. Most people work there to paycheck they don't care about the company. But the people do care about the company being stopped from moving up on their position.

Pros

Cons

mostly stressful, not respectful.

Bad company

Brutal company who don’t mind there staff , only a number there , no training , no development, and all fake . No work life balance and punished for been sick .

Pros

No pros

Cons

Poor management

A typical day at work

An ordinary day of work at the leader's office as assistant manager starts with assigning tasks and helping colleagues in their fulfillment, placing orders, displaying prices, checking the news in the office, preparing drawers for houses.

productive and efficient working environment

great place for ambitious individuals who thrive on work and want to achieve and succeed. Everyday is different and everyone that works with you is. It has its daily challenges so good problem solving skills is a must. poor work life balance, expect the world of you for very little appreciation. However, very quick progression if that's what you're after like myself, very little training given so its the environment where you learn on the job

Sometimes the best company to work for ...and sometimes awfull days

A company in changing ...triyng new aproches with customers ...with personal everything ,u may find a lot a people to learn from ,but also like everywhere i think there exist a bit pr more than a bit of corruption ...interests and etc...but after all this it's still a big company ho respects you during firsts steps in company ...or u wanna stay at low level ...higher level are challenging but u learn also a lot

Worst company please avoid it

All the staff are good but the corruptions comes from the area manager ,as i witnessed bullying by him to female staff , also i was penilised for my disability ,i had my hours dropped off by less than half .im not the only member who experienced this . Favouritism ,no prospects of progressing ,have to sleep with manager to earn favours . Advice to area manager ,change your approach to work ,awful treatment of people and learn some manners and stop sleeping with the staff .

Pros

Good money

Productive and Teamwork

There is a lot of versatility in these posts so a lot of work but there is a good teamwork. Then this company can allow a very fast evolution for the competent people.

Good to a point

Company pay overhaul is excellent but be warned you will be made to work for it benefits are also good as well that’s the good point the bad points store managers have no respect for there workers at all same go for area managers they only see the store manager as the team no one else gets credited some managers run there shops like a military school and speak down to you like you was dirt on the shop floor and there is no appreciation from them nor the area manager the assistant managers seam do more work than the managers facility’s are good for the company excellent training programme if you like working in a fast pace environment and like been treated badly this for you but if you want to be respected avoid like the plague not worth the hassle and for the extra coupe of quid an hour and social life avoid there are better jobs out there.

Pros

Gd training

Cons

Bad managers/area managers no appreciation from neither spoke to like dirt favouritism within stores

N/a

Fast paced environment, managing 20 or more employees each day, manages several different areas daily. Too many tasks to dedicate any amount of real time to any of them, and not enough time in the work day to accomplish.

Be better off working a temp job at leasy u are getting paid

When I was there things were great until the pay issues happened and the right to get my money is troublesome it took me to leave to get paid the rest of my money and also they hire u part time so there is the struggle

Pros

New company alot of potential

Cons

Not paying on time

Training

Was involved in the opening of a new warehouse at the time no senior management strong enough to help took on a lot on my back to help the new staff settle in but reach targets required. Hardest part of the job was counting stock daily and using so many different systems, this needs to be more practical and easier to close down shifts.

Pros

Good involvement & training

Cons

Would not recommend management with this company unless you live to work.

Unsociable hrs, 50 hrs plus per wk and expected to do extra. Pay not good when you actually work out your hrly rate. Regularly working through breaks. Rotas two wks in advance when should be three. Lack of communication, team spirit and team development. Management rule with a tell approach.

Pros

discount off shopping

Cons

long hrs

No go!

Left in 2012 after 3 years of torture. Still to this day I count this as the worst experience of my life. They push you beyond belief, to actual tears most days. Less then zero work life balance, could do 12 days in a row, no regard for law in this matter. I experienced very sly upper management, on occasion they would even blantanly lie to save their own nose; you spend most of the time defending yourself. Staff are to blame for everything, even though they work themself to the bone.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Hard work, with a rewarding salary

Working in Lidl, can be hard work but is usually rewarding, the pay and benefits are great. There is room for progression, but it can be very slow.

Pros

good salary

Good job for students

I worked here during my time as a student. I have been given a lot of opportunities to make money in order to pay for my university. My manager was understanding and was able to see the potential in his workers.

good pay,not much else

Unless you're actually a robot, it's easy to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Especially when it comes to a tender matter like performance reviews. And there are many resources out there that list forbidden performance review topics like personalities, rumors, or speculations. That's great and all, but now you're self-conscious about what you can say.

stay away

Lidl hid behind that fact that they offer really low prices to customers which they do I don't disagree with that. But there staff are miserable. I worked for lidl for two years and it was awful. I had a manager who walked out on me and I never saw my DM for two weeks. So much stress and work load the pay really isn't worth it. I eventually walked out to there is only so much people can take before they brake.

Pros

pay

Cons

too many to mention

fast paced

fast paced environment, small teams, always new things to learn, simple structured day. Can be stressful managing resources and stock.

Pros

rewarding

Cons

hard work sometimes

1,6K
2K
1,8K
1,4K

• Lidl
  • Assistant Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?