International Flavors and Fragrances

International Flavors and Fragrances Employee Reviews

Overall good company to work for

Overall, IFF is a great company to work for, they are just too political. We used to be Dupont which wasn't political at all, but since we were bought out by IFF, the political emails are constant from the new CEO. I do not want to know my place of employment's political ideations, nor should they be concerned about mine. Customer service manager is amazing, but some upper management is not understanding or respectful.

Ambiente muy cordial y colaborativo

Me encantan sus principios y valores universales , permitiendo la libertad de colaborar con todos sin importar las jerarquias e impulsando la comunicación abierta que promueve proactividad para logro de objetivos

Meh. Not a great experience.

Challenging since day 1. Having joined IFF as part of a corporate acquisition, I was placed in a role I had no experience. Little effort was provided from management to assist in finding suitable positions matching my skills/ area of expertise. Preaching a culture of inclusion and diversity, they seemed to overlook the one director I had the misfortune of working with. She was not professional, and treated many people in a abrasive manner.

They aren’t going to let you move up the ladder

This company has pretty good pay and benefits but you will be sick of the place with all of the overtime. The management will act like you can move up the ladder but they never let anyone actually leave their position. Higher positions are always hired in from outside. This creates managers that don’t actually know anything about how their teams work or how to help them when their team is in a bind.

Overall a good place to work. CoWorkers help make it enjoyable. Getting the job down can be difficult but you have to be willing to learn. Would recommend.

Management sucks. Co workers are great

Management has friends that work for the company. Nepotism is a huge problem with this company/site especially. Different rules for certain employees

Pros

Cons

Toxic, nepotism

Interesting (part time) work, with an unusual interview process.

The job interview consists of a food taste test, where you rate the intensity of taste, hardness or softness of food texture, etc... Flexible work schedule.

Pésimo ambiente de trabajo

Es una empresa regular con jefes con preferencias a los consentidos y no a los que realmente trabajan

Pros

Prestaciones

Cons

No hay categorías aumentos de sueldo minimos

Job Security. Leadership slow to react.

Overall the Company is doing well.Marketing focused.But falling behind competition.Leadership disconnected from employee needs.Very high attrition rate and poor overall moral. Odd to be at a highly profitable company with such poor employee engagement and commitment.

Pros

Good 401k.

Cons

Horrible HR and IT. Sub-par merit increases.

My department is awesome but that's about it

I've been in my dept for almost 5 years. I am very happy with the treatment I get from my coworkers and management. Nothing bad to say. What I don't like is the HR and Benefits. They have been known to screw up paychecks and it is always a fight to get them to fix their mistakes.

Pros

My department, work life balance

Cons

Benefits, Hr, payroll

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work but pay is poor and no room for advancement. Workers are friendly and willing to help. Management needs improvement in the way they treat employees. They give you a hard time about taking your vacation.

IT department has lots of opportunities

I work in the IT department and feel like there are lots of opportunities and the teams are trying to do the right things. I enjoy my work and feel supported by management.

Awesome Team

Small company, good people, as long as you get your work done you’re good. It’s a business so there are times when product needs to be quick and times when it is slow.

Friendly work culture and good learning opportunities

Colleagues are friendly and supportive. Had the opportunity to learn in both the fragrances and flavours departments. Enjoyed the weekly meetings where we sat in teams and learn how to describe different types of flavours.

Great People and Culture

My experience with this company is that the people are great and the culture is fun.It may be manager dependent.There could be more room for growth in the company.

Intern

nice and helpful colleagues with plenty of guidance but work is repetitive and mundane though it comes with their own set of challenges at times. can be very busy sometimes.

Pros

guidance and nice colleagues

Environnement de travail stimulant

Environnement de travail stimulantBonne ambiance

Great company to work for. Really invests in employees but often requires mandatory overtime, which can be good and bad at times.

Keep a clean environment and follow safety procedures. Learn your area and be efficient. Keep the machine producing and occasionally have to change out lines. Using wrenches and tools to open and clean parts. Spray down areas with hoses to keep area clean.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Mandatory Overtime

Laid back workplace for lab jobs

We recently merged with IFF, originally DuPont. Cant speak for the benefits yet, but they seem to keep employees very informed on what is going on what the overall business

Pros

Decent to good benefits. Flexible schedule for lab workers

Cons

Uncertain future of company due to merger

Unsupported onboarding process and no new hire orientation, beyond a video about IFF

For the most part, the people I work with are great, however my direct manager lacks leadership qualities to lead a successful team. The HR organizations provides little support in the on boarding process, which was disastrous. I am 1 of 2 identical positions, whereby my boss continuously plays both side of the coin, it’s horrible and ends with .is morale for all.

Pros

I work remotely

Cons

No support

Excelente empresa, consiente mucho a sus empleados

Es una experiencia maravillosa, aprendo mucho cada día

Pros

Excelentes prestaciones

Cons

Nepotismo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Flavors and Fragrances. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits