Extended Stay Hotels

Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

Showing all 2’388 reviews

Relaxed and communicative workplace

Extended Stay is a good job to work at. Overall it is relaxed and easy to do although you do sometimes need to do things that are not in your job description such as helping the maids clean rooms when they don't show up or things are slow.

Great staff

Everyone did their part and got along. No issues aside from occasional hard to deal with guests. Pay was not the greatest but also wasnt the most demanding job.

I have an amazing GM and AGM. My coworkers make a great team

I habr learned a lot about the hospitality industry and what makes a mamager a good boss. I feel very furtunate to work at my location.I wish corprate provided more of what we need to have a guest ready hotel but my GM does an amzing job with the resources that he has.

No interest of who you are to corporate

Corporate employees don't care about introducing themselves to you much less even not to talk with you they walk away. We are all wearing an Extended stay America logo no matter what No holidays pay or not even am email from the company to wish you a happy birthday very inconsiderate seeing that you work on your birthday. I wonder if corporate employees get a birthday

Hostile work environment

No structure. No support. Saw lots of lying, theft, no resources to do job, got yelled at constantly by guests and set up by a group of “mean girls” that resulted in a wrongful termination suit which was the ONLY thing positive that came from my 3 years there.

Pros

Great pay and excellent benefits

Cons

No breaks, no support, hostile work environment

Always interesting

The operations management team up to district and regional is very good. The company was purchased by private equity firms earlier this year and a new CEO has been appointed. That being said, it is hard to see a defined future and I am not confident with the direction. I work with great people and have a great district level manager, so I'm grateful for that. Pay is so-so, benefits are great.

you will be disrescepted by the guest Bitc@ i must have been call 3 /4 times at least

come in to work and got nothing but drama guest will want to fight you . NOHUMAN RESOURCES IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM no security guards if the guest have family members to jump you its a zoo

benefits

Cons

no help if needed

It’s a workplace that definitely requires major improvements

My management team is incredible; they are polite and do everything they can to make me feel better when I’m done or when there is an issue with the workplace; maintenance engineer is very friendly and mature. However, housekeeping team leaves a lot to be desired. At times they are unprofessional, leave work halfway finished and makes job for the front desk much harder than it needs to be. Utensil equipment is unsanitary, and laundry room is not a good place to be. Building is in poor form too. Also some guests make me feel unsafe and they spy on front desk to see what is being said without any notice.

Pros

Almost flawless management, pay, benefits, difficulty of job, property is in a perfect area

Cons

Poor building design, housekeeping team can't be trusted, Hotel Key is not a system I'd be using, getting time off is a bit of a hassle & understaffed

Management sucks

Upon working for ESA I realized that they will hire anyone and cater to certain individuals. Manager seems to have no clue what what going on. Management doesn’t seem to care about anyone scheduling but their own. I would definitely not recommend working for this company

The people in the hotel

I've met some nice guest in the hotel I even have 6 favorite guest. The staff is very helpful and there is room to grow I really lo r working here and the managers are great.I really love that everyone is always happy and not mean 😊

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Extended Stay Hotels?

Horrible and racist energy from management

I would never ever advise anyone to work for this company not only do they not pay well but they treat you bad no matter the quality of your work and attendance

Cons

It started out good but ended bad

When I first started working with this company as a housekeeper, the pay was decent & even though I was first employed as a part-time employee, I was able to work a full time schedule. (My husband also was employed with the company but at a different location.) My 1st initial manager was ok but then the "task manager" for the company took over because my 1st manager switched to a different location. The task manager was a total a-hole & deducted my work hours just because I was sick for 2 days. He was flirting around with a front desk clerk who was supposed to be a team lead but she would do absolutely nothing except be on social media when the task manager was at another location that needed help. The team lead did nothing but gossip with shady guests that stayed at the hotel & go up to the guests rooms & "hang out" with certain guests, especially if they were male & were staying alone. I had to go to a different location to get a better chance of getting a better work schedule but I had to leave due to an injury that now has me physically disabled to do anything strenuous. It started out ok but I'm really happy not to be working there anymore. It wasn't worth the pay to be treated badly by them.

The chance to succeed

My company ESA Premier suites is a great place to work. This Career is rewarding for me, because I get to do what I love that’s making sure everyone in my presence is comfortable and at HOME. I have a great GM that is flexible and encouraging. She wants to see you grow and do your best. When I got hired I received an email welcoming me aboard. Where do they do that at? Only Extented Stay of America so far..

Management helps us be better

I love working for the company but not paid enough due to the the cost of living raising. Management is the best . The company is good to work for but need to pay workers more to keep the company moving successful. Alot of jobs are trying to pay workers more to keep them due to the cost of living.

Challenging work place

Our menus are a la carte'and the kitchen is short staff .we only have a chef and a kitchen assistant on duty working for a stretch of 7 days and goes off for 4 days.Tjis can be energsapping as the kitchen runs a 24/7 service to her guests.

Bad management and very immature policies

Hated this jobThey didn’t respect or appreciate me And they had a wack sense of values that didn’t make sense to me. No advancements and management is ran by narcissistic people who have a lack of ability to communicate and be supportive.

Working extended hours

Working with the employee s at Extended Stay was great and the management was awesome. Working there was very convenient for me. The hourly pay was average

Terrible corporate management

I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. The corporate office only cares about numbers. But will not provide the properties with what is needed to maintain those numbers.

Poor management

GM poor leadership. Treats employees and guest like bottom feeders. GM is very Manipulating and condescending. Doesn’t give 2 cents about you or your family at the end of the day. GM all about SELF

It was ok

It was ok benefits are good but u have very short staff because the pay isn’t that great. District manager did help out but some things weren’t going to happen for her

Pros

7free nights a year and great benefits

Cons

Dm

Exhausting and messy environment

Never a “thank you” from management when going over and beyond. No one is held accountable from not doing what they are suppose to do. Very messy environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2’388 reviews