DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 5’162 reviews

Cool place at times

When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please And book me to dj @djsauce_dc

Pros

Parties events free/ discounted food

Cons

Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income

It was a good summer job

Good summer job friendly staff working there in summer was the best always had shifts breakfast shifts are the best due to fast paste work and food when breakfast is over

Pros

Good food on breaks

Cons

Doing all the work on your own

Kitchen

Happy to work for kitchen because working hard but I like it Hilton is good like a family opportunity. All Specialties Team gather in podi outing raining

Great environment but no job security

Great environment but the food and beverage department does not have job security. Possible layoffs. I was laid off for one month and and was able to come back but my hours were cut because of the lack of business

Dobre miejsce

Dobre miejsce do łączenia nauki z pracą, elastyczny grafik. Wiadomo, nie zawsze jest to możliwe, ale generalnie widać, że starają sie uwzględniać prośby, co jest miłą odmianą po moim wczesniejszym pracodawcy, który tylko wymagał i żadał prawie pełnego etatu.Spokojna praca, bo w restauracji jak nie ma eventu, to dużo sie nie dzieje. Mogę polecić.

Pros

Elastyczność, spokojna praca

Great place to grow

You will need to keep up with the fast paced work needs, well acquaint on handling high expectant clients and learn to take the ownership for tasks without being demanded. It's a great place to groom and challenge yourself. Great colleagues, vibrant environment and motivating culture. Team member restaurant serves good food everyday for free, one of the notable perk working here!

Amazing place to work

Great place to work with great people! Plan on coming back after I retire from my current job. They take care of the guest and set the standard for customer service . I was privileged to work there for 7 years and would love to come back later on In my life . Great place with great benefits and even greater people !

Pros

Great people

Cons

Consistency

Not bad

Worked there as night supervisor for about 3 years, it was ok and I was lucky to have a great team . The pay is standard but the work itself wasn't too overwhelming

Poor staffing

Not a nice place to work makes you feel uncomfortable and unappreciated. There is lack of supplies and lien change is a plus . Needs more staff and equipment.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Breaks

It's a job and coworkers are usually sweet but management is always changing

The job is fine and pretty simple as far as serving goes. The others workers are generally pretty friendly, it's very get what you give, so as long as you are nice they are too. The problem is management tends to not last long and be unprofessional causing constant understaffing.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?

Empresa dinâmica e exemplar

Boas condições de trabalho e bom ambiente no trabalho.

New faces all the time

Working for a hotel you never know when you will have off, you wrk Every weekend unless you request off. You work holidays unless u request ahead of everyone else. You have to keep in mind a hotel is open 24/7. The communication is bad, you only hear from them if their scores are going down other wise they won’t ever recognize for a good comments from guest.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Work weekends and holidays

Productive and Supportive work place

Great place to work. Lots of opportunities for people starting out in the restaurant or hotel industry. Good management team that supports you. Great hotel discounts and benefits.

Do not pay their workers fairly

I was working in the kitchen at double tree had 3 people quit on me so I asked for a raise because I was forced to do a lot more due to nobody else working in the kitchen. Their offer? .50 cents lol then tried to raise it to $1, your saving lots of money by only having 1 cook, n I didn’t mind until that. That was a slap in the face

Under appreciated

Management expects 10-14 hr days. No way to verify tip pool. No communication. Starts to feel like sabotage from other staff. No support from supervisors or management

don't know the pay now but it was horrendous back before covid.

your average "do something, even though there is nothing to do" type of place. It would only get busy in the morning and afternoon, and after that its mind bogglingly boring.

Turn down rate is bad

Housekeepers are very unappreciated as well as the Houseman front desk and so on.. Hotel is in need of renovating. It's molded and mildew all through out the building like in every room. They don't change your comforters so be mindful. Restaurant also sucks. Don't stay here or work here seriously.

Pros

No pros at all but you can make hours staying until like 11pm start time 8am

Cons

There is always no linen

looking to work in a hospitality field

The Management, and staff were great people to work with and easily approachable to talk with, getting along together in a team, friendly, hard working and all pitch in , even though a lot of work is involved with each position, as this is the nature of the job, is a big hotel which caters to the public and travellers from all over the world, so you can expect a busy workload and a bustling day , but overall it is a good place to work or even learn a new career or new skills for advancement and it is a diverse and multi cultural atmosphere.

Good

Nice place to work and enjoyable, team members good fun to work with, kept busy never a dull moment. It is hard work but you get use to it. It’s okay as a job if your a student looking for extra cash.

I worked at Double Tree Del Mar CA for 10 years . I worked hard and figured out how to make real good money And became the highest paid person in my field at that time . The only one who made more money than I was the G.M. .Great job

Pros

The money

Cons

bad customer

Extremely easy going job, with very nice & cool management. The co workers are very friendly & nice also.

I loved working there, would definitely work there again. The job was very easy & you didn’t have to worry about being bothered. You literally clean your rooms and go home. You get paid breaks & tips very often. A great first job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 5’162 reviews