Courtyard by Marriott

Courtyard by Marriott Employee Reviews

Showing all 1’679 reviews

Nice place to work

Very god company, Learned a lot, nice co workers, Strong management. Good customer service and caring, Organised and supporting. Very encouraging and supporting the team

Very productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed my time as a front desk rep. It was a great environment with alot of support from management. The hardest part of the job was loosing hours during the market crash.

Loved my coworkers

Loved my coworkers. Management tends to lean to favor. You are by yourself most of the time, especially on weekends with a lot of check ins and check outs, but they would schedule two people on a shift on weekdays.

Pros

Coworkers and meeting new people.

Cons

Management was horrendous.

Amazing family environment

This property acts and works together as a family, and makes the experience as if you’re coming to a second home. I love the team and everyone in our property since we all have each other’s backs and will always be there for another, even cross-department. Our Managment does their best to accommodate and understand personal issues which is very helpful with my condition as I cannot do what I used to, and they are the most motivating and helpful members to push your career forward if you want it!

Pros

50% off food at home-property, 20% off other properties. Amazing rates for other hotels to travel!

Cons

Scheduling can be last minute so plan making can be difficult.

Hotel Courtyard

Great rate of pay and benefits starting new. Promoting from with in depends on the pecking order and favoritism at its worst.deflecting from managers is creating a toxic and stunting work environment. Unhealthy hours very few of no holidays off.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Management level deflection on low level employees

just okay

management is alright but doesn't seem to care the hotel is falling apart. one issue after another while I worked there, broken heat and plumbing, constant HVAC issues. uses ancient computer system that can be incredibly frustrating. card machines down for extended periods. the clients can and will treat you awful.

There's better out there.

Worked here for about a year I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a job there is WAY better out there. Communication is pathetic throughout the company.

Fun place to work with

The people I've worked with are very friendly. You see smiling faces everywhere. They are very accommodating and understanding specially for employees who are working part time.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Transportation going to the hotel

If you’re a parent or caregiver this job isn’t for you

Had to work 7 days straight twice in a month. Just because I was the newest one on at the front desk. Unnecessarily. Very layed back managed hotel. They don’t really follow Marriot’s trainings. I was giving “training” in my 3rd week.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, too much gossiping

Fun workplace. Management takes care of employees.

Great place to work. Some of the management can be questionable. But overall very fun, energetic at times, and always celebrating something. We care for the guests more than anything. Management also cares for the employees (certain things at-least) always getting fed by management. The discount is a plus. But we’ve had new hires that don’t care for the job, just the paycheck. don’t come here if you only care about the paycheck, this environment is much more than that. Even if the pay isn’t the best. They make it worth working there.

Horrible nightmare

The job is absolutely horrific I would not recommend my worst enemy working here….There is constant drama….Full of ex-cons and junkies and the hotel is falling apart…not to mention the lies from the higher ups….And don’t expect proper pay either.

You are just a number at this place.

Doesn't matter if your the one who held everything together for the previous years and through a whole management drop out. They will not appreciate any of it and act like your the reason the new managers can't do there job right even though you have no control over them at all.

Horrible management

I started off enjoying my work at the courtyard Marriott in Waterloo. However, there was so much turnover and it became apparent it was due to ineffective management. We had a string of terrible general managers who were incompetent, verbally abusive, and would openly gossip about other staff. I wish I hadn’t stayed so long but the majority of my coworkers were decent people who I enjoyed working with.

Pros

Coworkers, some room for growth

Cons

Long hours, management, no work life balance, pay and benefits

Flexibility

The company is Flexible in reference to time. They are understanding with family situation and your health. The company shows appreciation to their workers not only by words but by actions.

Easy to get along with others

a good company to work for And a good company to get promoted to other areas of the company management and staff was easy to get along with and they were willing to work with you if you had any personal issues and I would highly recommend Marriott for working for Coworker’s or easy to get along with and I felt like a family to work with

There’s nothing good about a company that lies

This company is misleading with lies to get you there as an employee. When I first started working at Courtyard I was excited to be a team member until I found out the people working there were the next chapter to the Twilight Zone. If your work ethics have high standards working with people who are positive leaders, you won’t find them working at this particular Courtyard. Pretending to have leadership betraying coworkers for self gain to validate importance to who people think they are doesn’t count, Leadership is integrity supporting one another’s advancements without favoritism doing so.Courtyard in Jacksonville Florida at the Airport on Duval Rd is a hostile working environment with people who do not take responsibility for what they do against one another, those who do you can count on one (1) finger. I would suggest people seeking employment stay away from a company that deceives you. Whatever they tell you during the interview about rotating weekends is a lie, weekends must be requested if you want one and that’s not guaranteed.For those seeking employment here, do not waste your time because you will be DISAPPOINTED.

Pros

Cons

Company is misleading with a lot of drama

LBA Hospitality Missed the Target

LBA Hospitality had some good programs in place, but it all went to waste under bad leaders.They removed a great regional manager and GM, replaced with some out of touch personnel that failed in leading the team and keeping morale high.

Pros

Bonus structure for all team members.

Cons

Store level and regional leaders and managers.

It’s ok

Over worked and under paid. Lowest paying hotel in jackson you can go else where and find a better paying job. Hours are not that good be prepared to work 5 days a week and not get 40 hours

An ok first job

A typical day at work consists of managing reservations and resolving guest issues. I've learned to be patient with customers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working long hours and covering for call-outs. the most enjoyable part of the jobs was meeting people of all types of background.

Independent work environment. Excellent earning potential with experience.

Responsible for all aspects of service. Cooking, serving, bartending and cashiering. Unsupervised position with potential to make great income. Overall great experience.

Outstanding place to work

Courtyard by Marriott Vaughan has been one of the best opportunities I’ve had. Everyone is a big family. Management is amazing and very easy going! Highly recommend working here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courtyard by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1’679 reviews

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Courtyard by Marriott
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?